Questions to Ask Yourself:

When should I report a loss?
As soon as you became aware that something has happened you need to report the matter immediately to your agent. A delay in reporting could jeopardize coverage under the policy.

Should I report my claim to my agent?
Yes. All claims should be reported immediately to your agent. The agent has all of your policy information. The agent can also assist in answering questions about your loss.

What should I do when a loss has occurred?
Your policy requires that you preserve and protect your property from further damage. Genesee Patrons or your agent can give you direction in this regard, should you have any questions.

What to do in the event of a loss:

  • Make a detailed list and description of damage, including photographs if possible. Collect your canceled checks, receipts and other documents to help the adjuster set a value on damaged or destroyed property.
  • Notify your insurance company or agent promptly regarding your loss. Many insurance carriers provide telephone numbers for you to report a claim 7 days-a-week, 24 hours-a-day. Having this information on hand will enable you to start the claim process immediately after a loss happens. Check with your local independent agent for information on how to report a claim to your insurance company.
  • Refer to your Personal Property Inventory Guide/Worksheets. The items listed will help you to substantiate your claim and speed up the process.
  • Remember to get more than one estimate for construction or repair work. Ask friends and relatives to recommend local contractors with reputable business histories.

Your duties as an Insured:

  • Review your coverage with your local independent agent. Your policy may reimburse you for removal of debris and/or additional living expenses as well as include specialized endorsements which may broaden your coverage.
  • Don't make permanent repairs before an insurance adjuster inspects your home. Make only temporary repairs to protect your home from looting or further damage.
  • Be present, and take notes, during the insurance adjuster's inspection. If possible, you might want your own contractor/builder on hand during the inspection as well.
  • Keep good notes on all contacts with your insurance company and adjuster. If you have a disagreement with your adjuster, well-documented information may help you to support your claim.


Need to report a loss? Please complete the following form.

Location of Loss
Please provide street address, city, state, and zip code detailing where your loss took place.
Loss Details
Contact Information
Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: gif jpg jpeg png pdf doc docx ppt pptx xls xlsx xml zip.
Fraud Warning
Any person who knowingly and with intent to defraud any insurance company or other person files an application for insurance or statement of claim containing any materially false information, or conceals for the purpose of misleading, information concerning any fact material thereto, commits a fraudulent insurance act, which is a crime, and shall also be subject to civil penalty not to exceed five thousand dollars and the stated value of the claim for each such violation.
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
1 + 0 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.